This is the start of the Squatting
Resources page. Hit the edit button below and add anything you think would be useful to other travelers!
- This website lists events from squats mostly around the European region of the world.
Sleeping on Public Transit
- Not directly squatting related, but this article describes how one person slept on public transit for an extended period of time.
Nine-Tenths of the Law: Property and Resistance in the United States
| Hannah Dobbz | AK Press
Re-frames American History through the lens of squatting and documents more recent squatting movements including that in Oakland.
The Architecture of Change: Building a Better World
| ed. Jerilou Hammett & Maggie Wrigley | University of New Mexico
Includes essays that describe in detail certain projects, including the adverse possession projects of NYC's Lower Eastside.
The City Is Ours: Squatting and Autonomous Movements in Europe from the 1970s to the Present
| ED. BY BART VAN DER STEEN, ASK KATZEFF AND LEENDERT VAN HOOGENHUIJZE | PM PRESS
Slingshot Articles by those within the squatting movement:
- from the Black Butte Museum
's affiliated squatting culture.
Dreams of Donuts
by Heather Wreckage (blog
) - this zine series documents her time in Hellarity, perhaps the most important of the Oakland Squats.
Ready to beat the rat race and live in the woods rent-free? Or maybe you just want to know how to survive without modern conveniences? Check out this list of resources to learn everything you need to know.
StP File Library, Wilderness Survival
- This category of our file library has many, many books and other materials on the subject of wilderness survival.
Prepper/Survivalist Ebook collection
Included digital books:
- 52 Prepper Projects: A Project a Week to Help You Prepare for the Unpredictable
- Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills
- Dr. Prepper: Disaster Preparedness Guide to Home Remedies
- Lost and Stranded: Expert Advice on How to Survive Being Alone in the Wilderness
- Modern Survival
- Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Survival Retreats: A Prepper's Guide to Creating a Sustainable, Defendable Refuge
- Survival: A Prepper's Guide to Life after the Crash
- The Hurricane Preparedness Handbook
- The Illustrated Guide to Brewing Beer
- The Joy of Cheesemaking
- The Joy of Home Distilling
- The Joy of Smoking and Salt Curing
- The Mini Farming Bible: The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre
- The Pocket Disaster Survival Guide
- The Pocket First-Aid Field Guide: Treatment & Prevention of Outdoor Emergencies
- The Pocket Guide to Prepper Knots
- The Pocket Outdoor Survival Guide: The Ultimate Guide for Short-Term Survival
- The Self-Reliance Manifesto: Essential Outdoor Survival Skills
- The Terrorism Survival Guide: 201 Travel Tips on How Not to Become a Victim
- The U.S. Navy Seal Guide to Fitness and Nutrition
- The U.S. Navy Seal Survival Handbook
- The Ultimate Guide to U.S. Army Survival Skills, Tactics, and Techniques
- The Ultimate Sh*t Hits the Fan Survival Guide: How to Live Through Any Catastrophe
...as you can see we could use a little help with this page. Why not add some resources of your own? Hit the edit button below to get started.