Banned Ban issued to user WyldLyfe for posting purposefully offensive and pointless content (1 Viewer)

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
I'll probably get banned for saying this, since i know i am already skating on this in ice by being an old crock living near death's door, but what a sad, bullying, mall-cop, wanna-be tough guy post that was, @Eng JR Lupo RV323 . And not for the first time.

Wyldlife set out to be banned for some reason, fair enough. Ban him.

But this "We'll get ya squared away soon enough though buddy boy" stuff is just sad.
Exercise authority (hopefully reluctantly, for those of you who think of themselves as "anarchists") when in your collective judgment you must, but don't get off on it.

Since this will most likely be my last post here before being banned, since i have challenged the authority of a thin-skinned authoritarian, i'd like to say i've often enjoyed my time here, but often been dismayed by the values and conformism of younger folks who consider themselves "punks", "free-thinkers", "misfits", and/or "anarchists". I've tried to be useful, and hope i have been. Be safe.
Oh okay, so Blank can troll us but we can't fire back? Go have a look at the Fevs banned thread, peep Blanks comments there and then have another look at what he's doing here and tell me he ain't trolling.

He rubs me the wrong way, and I'm pretty fucking good at calling these things before they happen. You generally get a sense when someone's gonna reveal their true troll colors and I see that starting to happen.

I'm not getting off on it, it sucks to ban people. I wish we never had to do it, but how about maybe don't be an asshole and we won't have to?

Also you're not getting banned, you've done nothing wrong. Who said you can't challenge staff views? Who said you can't be older than dirt? We're not ageist. I wish we had more elders around honestly.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Who said you can't challenge staff views? Who said you can't be older than dirt? We're not ageist.
In case you are not joking, and are actually so unselfaware as to say those things seriously, i was the first person to be muted from replying to a thread here, after i criticized what looked like the mods' preferential handling of a gay 62 year old man looking for young "legal" persons to ride in his van, vs a het dude the same age doing the same thing.

Eventually, staff got around to explaining that, although you initially said the het dude was banned for his forum posts, you later said it was because of offensive PMs to young female members.

Pretty much anyone who challenges anything you or Matt says about site governance gets banned or muted. Look at your reaction to blank's post in this thread. Other mods do not seem to relish having authority.

Also, in that thread, you called me a liar for saying i had reported some content, and when it turned out what i said was true, you did not have the class to apologize. Mall-cops never apologize- it shows weakness.

Not ageist- hah! If you welcome older folks by saying ageist bullshit like a 62 year old is "basically dying of old age", don't expect many.

It is true that you do permit us old crocks to post here, provided we conform with all Correct Thought, and never ever challenge Correct Thought.

But we all know we are here on sufferance, and are not considered true members of this community, because we sometimes think, and say, upsetting things that are not what you kids want to hear. Conformity of thought on trans/gender issues is especially important; incorrect thoughts as to this topic are, as we know, literal physical violence.

[Sorry to put URLs instead of using the site's quote function, but , of course, as i am banned from replying to that thread, the site's quote function doesn't work normally for me in quoting that thread.]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
Thank you @Older Than Dirt for voicing yer opinion. If it wernt for the "this will probably get me banned" posts I dont know how else people would get the opportunity to defend other people being super cool dudes or to take such a valiant stance against the "thin skinned authoritarians" that volunteer time to keep this website from turning into disaster.

Like uh...really?

Older Than Dirt

Banned
No, thank you for your thin-skinned, unable-to-take criticism, passive-aggressive post, @SlankyLanky , and providing more evidence that i am right that (some) staff here do not tolerate criticism.

Where did i defend anyone?

I agreed with the decision to ban Wyldlyfe, since that's obviously what he wanted. What i did was say that what @Eng JR Lupo RV323 posted about @blank was pathetic mall-cop shit, which it was, which has provoked a bunch of defensive posts from mods, with lots of angry rhetoric, and little substance.

Again, you guys are what you are, and the more you react defensively, the more you prove my point. Volunteering, and being sure you are right, should not make you immune to criticism in any rational group. Especially one that coyly claims to be for "anarchists" [cue several mods saying "Well, i personally don't identify as an anarchist" (subtext: So i get to act like a mall-cop)]

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
But we all know we are here on sufferance, and are not considered true members of this community, because we sometimes think, and say, upsetting things that are not what you kids want to hear.
Again. Being mellow dramatic. I dont know how you think that older people are not considered part of the community. Just because people disagree with your stance on an issue doesnt mean the think you do not provide anything valuable to the community.

....this entire bickering? Not really valuable. You said your piece other people said theirs. It's now in a thread everyone can view and make up their own mind at any time. Why continue down the road that I

*Yet again*

Laid out in my first post? We are kinda taking this off topic a bit, wouldn't ya say?

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
I love how you attack us and then you're like "The more you react defensively the more you prove my point". Sorry, we'll just sit here and take the abuse. Didn't realize we can't defend ourselves while literally being attacked. Remember we do this shit for no wage, we're basically public servants and you're attacking us for not being perfect.

And apologize to you? What for? If you read what I said in that comment you're referring to, I said one of two things must have happened. One, you didn't tag me or two, there's a bug happening with the notifications.

I then provided a screenshot of my notifications proving I didn't get a notification, which should be good enough as is but you've been stewing on this for how many months now upset I never apologized? And I'm the one with thin skin? You want an apology? Fuck you.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
@Older Than Dirt I think we all take criticism just fine. Yer argument is just so ridiculous. I think the people responding to you are anything but defensive but you seem to have a pretty big issue with how you are apparently viewed or treated on stp which I dunno where that came from but right on i guess you won't log in or post anymore, oh well. Did you want a big cake or a send off or something? I'm just really not sure what yer end goal is but its really none if my business ya know.

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Won't bother with any detailed replies.

Others can judge whether i am right that some here do not take criticism well.

I haven't posted much lately, and can certainly take a hint.

Be safe kids.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
Others can judge whether i am right that some here do not take criticism well.
So yer point was to be like a martyr or something here? Throw yerself onto the nonexistent fire and show others that we are like this towering unfair group of people who are stoked to deal with assholes who say dumb shit like "I cant be a racist idiot on this website so YER the nazi! Hah got em!" Or "well let me try some lame arguement about why a dude trying to pick up people on stp for sex is yadda yadda yadda" come on man.

You post about being educated and you really dont understand that peoples patience for dealing with people who wanna argue with the pretty simple rules of the website gets old quick?

I haven't posted much lately, and can certainly take a hint.

Be safe kids.
So now that we are talking about you and giving you the attention you apparently wanted you wanna sign off and take yer ball and go home? Couldn't this of been a really great profile message instead of wasting all this time on some bullshit making a issue you have that essentially boils down to "gee I guess I dont fit in here after all see yall later"?

You got the attention you wanted dude it seems a shame to just walk away now that we are all talking about you.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
@Eng JR Lupo RV323 wyldlyfe asked me to show you this (it was sent to my email) i guess he thought you were missing out on his brand of humor, which is... how shall we say.... special?

Email quote: "Hey Eng JR Lupo RV323 said he wanted a meme for him, he was sad he didn't get one, heres one to post on the banned thread, for him, last one. THANKS!! FAREWELLS!! (its attached) funny af"

lupo-douche-png.54820

not really all that funny in my opinion but apparently @WyldLyfe is convinced he's a comic genius.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
My favorite part has gotta be that this dude has worse grammar then I do so these memes barely make sense.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Ehh, I feel like he coulda done better. The ranga/orangutan ginger diss is mildly funny, would be funnier if I actually had red hair though. I have a red/calico beard and brown hair.

Anyway, I guess what I'm to take away from this is that I should feel bad about myself for being so unapologetically against bigotry..

Damn, that cuts deep.

starfarer

Wanderer
I can understand your side but.... Old wyldlyfe was a pretty young bloke who just lost his car( home) to the cops and was hitting the piss something chronic and lashing out at everything around him.he was really in a dark place and I don't think he has the experience nor the maturity to deal with it. He's in Melbourne where it's a police state AND on top of all this, shops and libraries are closed. He has no one and nowhere to go.but I'm not a' mod' ( despite the fact I have a vespa)

blank

Banned
Just like I feel about @blank

We'll get ya squared away soon enough though buddy boy. You'll get tired of keeping up the charades and go full troll, just like all the rest.
Oh my god a person on the internet doesn't want to be my friend, just as the prophecy foretold. If voicing any disagreement is that big of a deal, why are there public topics for this stuff? Most sites don't have them so I kind of figured this was the reason.

He was brave enough to say what we're all thinking, namely that Dameon should poo his pants and that you guys lick monkey nipples. Don't have to be so serious and dramatic about every little thing. And why are you mentioning the Fevs thing? I thought that while we disagreed you made a fine point and that is was a perfectly fine little back and fourth, all I did was disagree with you. Is that all it takes?

You need a sandwich and a hug or some shit. I'm not here as some weird comedic performance art. I just don't always agree with stuff.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
I can understand your side but.... Old wyldlyfe was a pretty young bloke who just lost his car( home) to the cops and was hitting the piss something chronic and lashing out at everything around him.he was really in a dark place and I don't think he has the experience nor the maturity to deal with it. He's in Melbourne where it's a police state AND on top of all this, shops and libraries are closed. He has no one and nowhere to go.but I'm not a' mod' ( despite the fact I have a vespa)
damn are you sayin he started drinking again? cause that would for sure explain it.

superphoenix

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Imagine your life being so vapid that you make retaliatory memes against strangers on a message board 😐

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
Sorry yer friend got drunk and took it out on strangers on the internet by a series of, I dunno "art". Hopefully he can get back on his feet and all that. Being unwelcome on a website that he apparently had this much animosity towards people about how we feel about racism/homophobia shouldn't really be a a big deal.

croc

Wise Sage
If he was having a shit time in Melbourne and that's why he was being a shitwad then maybe he could.... Travel... Away...? Like a traveler? On a website full of info of how to travel? In a country I've heard is real easy to hitch n live outside in and get gov assistance in?
Can't feel bad for a traveler who won't leave a shitty place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.