Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Top Poster of the Month
Hometown
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
It doesn't matter who they put in the position, politicians are politicians they black mail each other and are puppets and the same narrative continues. It makes no difference what so ever if someone from the right or left wing wins.. the wings belong to the same bird.. its the same thing just at different ends of the spectrum like hot an cold water, ones hot ones cold but same thing... people think there votes means something... did you see when trump won, Hillary and Trumps acting was quiet good the way they went back and forth with each other. They play off peoples emotions and wounds.. people with mother issues are more likely to go to the left, wanting everything to be nice, people to nurture each other and to be loved. People on the right have father issues, wanting a strong figure to guide an protect them and take charge and make things happen. We need to become our own leaders. Because they've never cared about us they hate us an see us as nothing more then dumb cattle.
This is so fucking wrong that I almost rated your post as 'stupid'.

So it makes absolutely no difference whether Trump or Bernie Sanders wins the next election? That's moronic.

One candidate will abolish the electoral college, which will be a drastic change to voters actually mattering. And one will try to change presidential term limits, and legitimize gerrymandering so our country falls into a dictatorship.

This is how you fuck up a country. Indifference.

Not meaning to be an asshole, you are just horribly, horribly wrong in that opinion.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

WyldLyfe

Wayfarer
Hometown
Australia
Hey Wolf.. im not indifferent to things going on in the world, but yeah, iv never voted.

If Bernie gets into the position you want him to, he prob wont do half the stuff he said he would or even less. like every politician does, if thats because they flat out lied to get the position or they have been black mailed, compromised, or threatened.. whatever but keep believing the lies, keep thinking one of these assholes are gonna save there countries and the human race..

Your country is already fucked. For it to get better, and other countries we need a whole new ball game, no more of this feed back loop where people think something is gonna happen awesomely but its just, oh here we go again, what im talking about would take enormous effort on behalf of the people, unity and conscious evolution as a collective, and many would just flat out say, your dreaming the people would never do that, and say its never going to happen, not every one tho. Until then its round and round we go. Politicians are just not for the people.. so people should be for the people. Or at least vet leaders, they should have a good track record of doing good for the society not just based on there money an connections.

Government: From the Latin verb gubernare: "to control" and the Latin word mens: "Mind"

Last edited:

WyldLyfe

Wayfarer
Hometown
Australia
It's like humanity is in a relationship with its false parent who's abusive, but when humanity grows up it won't need its false parent to tell it how to behave and how things should be or falsely are, it won't even need to exist, there'll be no place for it.

blank

Wayfarer
Hometown
South
That's just a fantasy, there is no "growing up" for a species, it's just change forever. Working together is how humanity develops and when you do that in a large scale they call it a government, which does not mean "to control minds" lol. Who gets elected clearly and objectively makes a huge difference for a massive amount of people. It's okay to play mental gymnastics to rationalize not voting but I think that kind of thing is supposed to happen quietly in your own head where nobody can point out how how obviously different some people's lives would be without criminal laws, labor laws, any regulation at all, welfare, etc. etc.

Maxnomad

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Hometown
San Luis Obispo
Evo morales, the president of bolivia, just resigned a few hours ago along with a lot of his staff in what a bunch of latin american leaders are calling a coup. The main groups calling for his resignation seem to be pro-american conservatives, the military and the police. Bolivian conservatives and mike pence, among others, are saying the election results look shady and theres gotta be a recount, with totally different people handling the count, no mention who those people would be. Morales was the countrys first indiginous president, came from a family of subsistence farmers, and was a labor organizer for coca growers before he got elected

Uruguays president from 2010-15 was a tupamaru guerilla who did twelve years in a military jail, gave away his entire salary and just crashed at his wifes place (gf scam president?!), i wanna say cause he was opposed to the idea of property
The first 9/11 was 9/11/73, when a cia backed group did a military coup, youve probably never heard of salvador allende but i bet youve heard of pinochet

Yea, bernie kinda sucks. Its not hard to guess why theres a lot more radical sentiment in places like bolivia and kurdistan. Its also not hard to guess why westernized radicals are so fucking weak. A lot of the work to be done is just unsexy and depressing. Not to mention boringly legal. Clean water in flint, transitioning to a different electrical supply cause "rewilding" or whatever would involve killing everyone in icu's and then everyone who relies on insulin etc, any number of actual problems could be solved if we can hold our nose and our pride for ten minutes once a year. Ive only voted in local elections, only cause i thought trump vs hillary just didnt matter. Bit a president who didnt back coups in bolivia and pull promised military support for kurdish rebels so erdogan could kill them the second theyre not useful would be cool. Ubi that wasnt a sheisty trade for healthcare an stamps. Would be cool. Bernie as president would be objectively. noones gonna force you to wear sandals or anything

Maxnomad

Banned
Hometown
San Luis Obispo
You know, fellxs, theres this theory where youre both right and it involves like, a transitional period where everyones ability to live collectively is nurtured by social institutions and then we do

Communism

Maxnomad

Banned
Hometown
San Luis Obispo
Do you consider Andrew yang's UBI a sheisty trade?
Yea, if I understand it correctly. I'm really not following him super closely, but I was pretty sure he wanted to replace all social services with just a thousand bucks a month

Mongo

Rambler
Hometown
Cleveland, OH
Yea, if I understand it correctly. I'm really not following him super closely, but I was pretty sure he wanted to replace all social services with just a thousand bucks a month
What he states he wants is an opt in design, so either you could take the thousand dollars a month or if benefits a person could be on was worth more they can have those benefits instead of taking the thousand.

Maxnomad

Banned
Hometown
San Luis Obispo
Yea but then youd just have access getting harder an harder, less staff at offices and more pressure to just take the cash, which is just enough to starve on. Its not ubi if your other benefits are conditional

Maxnomad

Banned
Hometown
San Luis Obispo
Plus it just creates more pressure to run yourself as a business. I want free healthcare, an college, an docs an levis an fucking ice cream

Mongo

Rambler
Hometown
Cleveland, OH
Or handfuls of dedicated STP members could start NGO's and start pooling money together to buy swathes of land and building headquarters and farms.

If 100 dirty kids put 500 a month away for 3 months they'd have $150,000 pooled together. Assuming they could get there shit together and work aside each other for that long.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Hometown
"The Hamptons of the Chesapeake"
Or handfuls of dedicated STP members could start NGO's and start pooling money together to buy swathes of land and building headquarters and farms.

If 100 dirty kids put 500 a month away for 3 months they'd have $150,000 pooled together. Assuming they could get there shit together and work aside each other for that long.
and ironically the thread took a rest for a few weeks upon this comment

EmmaAintDead

Pro-Crime /// Anti-Peace
StP Supporter
Hometown
Chicago
500 a month in savings is a ridiculous amount even if you're steadily employed. Trying to get 100 travelers to do anything is already enough like herding cats, let's not turn this into a high fantasy of 100 people somehow getting solid above living wage jobs with 500 a month in disposable income.

Mongo

Rambler
Hometown
Cleveland, OH
500 a month in savings is a ridiculous amount even if you're steadily employed. Trying to get 100 travelers to do anything is already enough like herding cats, let's not turn this into a high fantasy of 100 people somehow getting solid above living wage jobs with 500 a month in disposable income.
I was referencing the numbers for 1000 a month UBI plan. Living off half of that is pretty easy

Last edited:

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Hometown
"The Hamptons of the Chesapeake"
you're not wrong, but change up the timeframe and it'd be more feasible; save 50 dollars for 10 months and there's 500.

Granted I get that it's a fantasy to get 100 people to cooperate

WyldLyfe

Wayfarer
Hometown
Australia
Woah... ok I dunno which mod keeps deleting my posts, I posted on this thread (unless im mistaken and it was another about bernie made by Coywolf) about how left n right are the same just at different ends of the spectrum and something people need to go beyond and my comments, a few, which others agreed on are gone..

Anyway mans gonna give me shit about that huh? No real Anarchist would vote, voting is a crime against humanity, a crime against your fellow man, because it is helping to support and perpetuate a system that does not support the people, it enforces the legitimacy of a false authority over the people therefore slavery of the human race..

A BIG FUCK YOU TO WHO EVER KEEPS DELETING MY FUCKING POSTS.

And by the way NATURAL LAW just in case anyone gets confused, IS NOT DARWINISMS LAW or law of the jungle.

27d827f466e2926d4b6--patriotic-quotes-samuel-adams.jpg

Black-Anarchy-Flag-90834.gif

void gaze

Lurker
Hometown
Florida
It’s interesting that he’s both farthest left and maybe the most electable. But if he gets the nomination the right will respond with unheard of levels of red-baiting and anti-semitism, and if he gets elected there will almost definitely be a coup. (IMO)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Politics & Anarchism 35
S Art & Music 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Nearly done with the electrical system of the van. 170Ah Lithium ion, 2/4K inverter, 400 watt of solar, 40A MPPT controller. Should be up and running (or explode) this weekend.

After that I have to finish the primary work table, which will be the last big piece of the build.
back in FL 4 da 3rd time til I head 2 Colorado
Hey folks, we've opened up a new thread to discuss organizing this year's jamboree in the san juan islands! You should throw in your two cents! https://squattheplanet.com/fest
returning refreshed, refurbished and re-treaded ... om back what did i miss?
Offline for a short stint. Be back soon.
NOLA anybody? i got wheels. thinking about getting something to drink and marking some trains
Oddman wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
Nice picture, on the Wikipedia "hobo" page... I was working on that page a little, a few weeks ago. It's a total mess and I just scratched the surface, but I keep watching and hoping someone else will improve it. That photo improves it for sure. Wish I knew enough about hobo history to write something decent there.
Got a new pad in CinCinNasty , anyone passing nearby hit me up. Got a couch and brews
.and smoke if that's your thing.
el Pasooooo.... here I AM. Sticken out like a white girl in mexico haha. Hitchen to white sands in a couple days oo baybeh ~ who's out here?
Still learning how this werkz lol

Members online