Chicago Apocalyptic Crust Fest II 2008 (september) (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
D

dr3AmEr

I deleted myself
Im looking forward to being there seeing as the 1 day i did attend at last years fest was dope. Got to see Behind Enemy Lines and some of chicago's finest locals. this years line up looks great and probly worth the 40$ but ill most likely attend one maybe two days. who are you coming to see? oh yeah and theres a nice selection of arcade games during intermission!

originally I was going to see cop on fire and wolfbrigade. But PE pulled some bull shit with Wolfbrigade's airfare/album release and now they wont be there. Really will just be glad to get out of Michigan now being on parole doesnt allow for much traveling. Are you from chicago? Is there anywhere like decent to camp around there?

Am not totally sure but trying to get like 4 or 5 people together to go from around here. It may be possible to buy someone a pass for a place to crash thurs threw sunday morning. Just a thought I still have to see how many people are gonna wanna go. I have been corresponding with a guy from Shaman Records and its also possible to get a free pass for cooking if anyone wants to get ahold of them.

marc

I was gonna try to make it but im not sure if ill have money to get in

Dameon

Nomad
There's something funny about calling a show "crust fest" then charging people to get in. Commercialization of the lifestyle = lame.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
I'd see where the money is going before saying that charging people to get in is lame. If you want to throw a huge show with international/cross country bands it's going to cost money for them to make it to the show.. supporting traveling bands is definately a legitimate expense. Gas isn't cheap and hitching/trainhopping with a fullstack and guitar isn't easy either, I'm sure. Just because it costs to get in doesn't mean they're ripping you off, 40$ is pretty damn cheap compared to some other 3-4 day music festivals. But whatever, I'm not going, just thought I'd thow in my two cents.

moe

the show is in early october, and im not sure ill be going to this cuz i stil haven't raised anough money, which i was trying to do for the apocalyticrust fest and riotfest, gosh.

moe

fucking shit is next week,
anyone down to pick up a little bum like me?=]

moe

im not sure if the pirate thing is a good thing or a bad thing.

but yeah, fo sho.....

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.