counter Rnc St.Paul (1 Viewer)

spoorprint

Pilgrim
Protest the Republican convention.Lots of workshops and training going on.Some survelllence,no real repression yet.
Lots of events next week for all levels of risk and all issues.

The only problem here is housing, which is disorganized.Lots of good food though lunch just arrived. Web site is www.nornc.org Come show the Republicans we wonn't let them have the country.Any word from Denver?

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

marc

damn im not gonna make it to that area until sept10th. if anyone is still around minneapolis then hit me up and we can get some beers or something.

spoorprint

Pilgrim
Yup,one reason I haven't been on is that things got heavy .First,2 people;e at a homeless' people's tent city got busted that night-the next night the Convergence space got raided (and computers were confiscated),Food Not Bombs house got raided and two households with four arrests. That brings us up to Sunday. Convergence space re-opened.

Monday about 240-280 people arrested, gas used, about 65 pepper sprayed, but people succeded in tying up downtown.Most people charged with participating in a disorderly action
and failure to obey police, A few people have felony charges.

I'm volunteering at the Wellness center(first aid) mostly doing simple make work stuff,a slow day SO FAR compared with yesterday.

More when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.