Banned creature banned for flaming other users, staff harassment, general insanity (1 Viewer)

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.

Ezra Fyre

Wanderer
See! Sad Face reactions! :)

I'm sorry this hits all the way backs and core members so hard - even new, and not having a terribly favorable opinion of him - i still see other people, who totally know him longer and better, saddened by the unfortunate turning of events. The abuse of substances is always hard to watch - not just for the damage done the loved one, but the collateral damage/pain endured by friends and family. It's terrible, and sad, and always regretful when things go that far. I'm very sorry for the loss of the friend - to all members who think of him with warm regards and fond memories. I wish others didn't have to suffer with him. Hearts and Hugs, to you all.
:(

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

DrewSTNY

Vagabond
Not sure what to add. I've met/hosted @creature and really like him a lot. His eccentric, drunken rants were always entertaining and a major reason why I've stuck around StP. Although, we had a bit if a falling out a while back and I haven't been around much lately. It just isn't the same around here anymore.

Things change and people drift apart, hopefully, his friends here still have contact. However, on John is a very black and white kind of guy, do once his mind is made up, that's it.

Keep fighting.

EphemeralStick

The Guay Agenda
This was not an easy decision to make. I've known creature personally for a few years now and he's always been excitable. He was outspoken and always willing to lend a hand whenever possible. He's the kind of person who does everything with a certain passion and intensity that usually lights a fire in the people around him. His positivity can be infectious.

It's true that he put a lot of money into both the site and the community over the years. He's given countless people rides and gone out of his way to solve other people's problems and truly look out for the younger generation of nomads. That being said, it doesn't matter how much good you put into a community, no one is above accountability for their actions.

This goes for everyone; it doesn't matter if you're a donor, a normal user, or even us staff. If you abuse, harm, or harass individuals on this site you will be held accountable. No one gets a free pass because of what they did in the past, especially if they're being toxic in the present.

We didn't come to this decision on our own. A number of users have reported his posts and every interaction was taken account. It's true we gave him more chances than others, because we wanted to believe in those good qualities we've seen over the years. The sad truth is that he didn't want to listen to reason, he only wanted to be mad and validated in his anger.

It's a lesson to be learned; sometimes you have to cut toxic people from your life for the sake of everyone's wellbeing, even if you care about them, even if they're not throwing that toxicity at you.

marmar

Wanderer
Website
soundcloud.com
Did you all try to talk to him personally before talking about him among yourselves? I hope so. Really hate the "anarchis rule enforcement" , experienced that shit in real life way too much and got very disappointed in the anarchists as a movement. Which proved to be not a movement but just a scene. Where a group at the top can kick you out, isolate you and ostarasize you if you dont follow their rules. Great for the anarchy. Lol
Anyway, I strongly feel members of a tribe should not be kicked out and forced into isolation. Creature sounded like he was living on this platform, spending so much time on here as if it was his family. Why not to just communicate with him instead of banning him. Really sad law enforcement. Imho

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Did you all try to talk to him personally before talking about him among yourselves? .....Anyway, I strongly feel members of a tribe should not be kicked out and forced into isolation.
I'm not a mod..nor do I know him personally. But my opinion on it....is how hard is it to follow a few simple rules for the website? It's really simple....don't talk hate speech, don't sexually harass, and don't flame other users. You're given 3 strikes before you're out.

How many times do you think STP users should be allowed to break those 3 simple rules before they are banned? Do you think we should just allow that crap to go on just because "anarchism"?

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
I'm not a mod..nor do I know him personally. But my opinion on it....is how hard is it to follow a few simple rules for the website? It's really simple....don't talk hate speech, don't sexually harass, and don't flame other users. You're given 3 strikes before you're out.

How many times do you think STP users should be allowed to break those 3 simple rules before they are banned? Do you think we should just allow that crap to go on just because "anarchism"?
I'm glad to see that having financial resources isn't a safety net, either

Dameon

Global Moderator
Staff member
Did you all try to talk to him personally before talking about him among yourselves? I hope so. Really hate the "anarchis rule enforcement" , experienced that shit in real life way too much and got very disappointed in the anarchists as a movement. Which proved to be not a movement but just a scene. Where a group at the top can kick you out, isolate you and ostarasize you if you dont follow their rules. Great for the anarchy. Lol
Anyway, I strongly feel members of a tribe should not be kicked out and forced into isolation. Creature sounded like he was living on this platform, spending so much time on here as if it was his family. Why not to just communicate with him instead of banning him. Really sad law enforcement. Imho
STP isn't an anarchy, or even an anarchist website, just because there's lots of anarchists on here. Even in an anarchy, you don't just get to do whatever you want and say "anarchy lol". Anarchy means a lack of hierarchical authority (your first hint that we're not an anarchy should be the existence of moderators), not that your behaviour isn't held to certain standards which can then be enforced by the group. Creature WAS talked to. He received warnings. His response was to make his behaviour worse.

bystander

Wanderer
From the posts in this thread it is clear that Creature is an accepted and valuable member of STP.

& like many on this site I have spent countless years reading and re-reading Creatures post trying to decode any hidden message I might have missed.

with every new post from creature came excitement, wisdom & I genuinely enjoyed his ideology, expression and opinion.

so-

it became clear that whatever is going on with creature is far beyond STP.

in 5 years of reading his post... I dont think I have ever seen creature sink to taunting & name calling.

He seemed to be more level headed,
&
creative
to be a creature of easy insults.

I hope for Creature & Matt, and everyone else who knew him on this site- that he finds the balance he needs to make amends. You don't need to be wrong to make things right.

Given his responds, what could STP do??

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Website
www.youtube.com
...Creature sounded like he was living on this platform, spending so much time on here as if it was his family. Why not to just communicate with him instead of banning him. Really sad law enforcement. Imho...
I know for a fact that MANY folks who "live on this platform" have offered to help Creature IN PERSON, but knowing him personally, I'm certain that he always refused.

Don't dare get me wrong, I LOVE the motherfucker like a goddamn BROTHER, but this website DOES come "with strings attached", some of which are to follow the code of personal conduct that has been decreed by the very Admins, Mods, and CREATOR of this site.

The moment that one creates an account here, they agree to abide by the code of conduct, and I believe that the thread in which said Code is explained is VERY prominent on the first page of the site.

Creature knew the details of this code of conduct, and chose to let the Sake-mind take control, rather than rationality and reason.

I believe this is the reason he was banned.

I STILL consider him a brother, albeit one who DESPERATELY needs help, but I currently have no way of contacting him.

When I CAN contact him, I will speak to him as a brother, not as an "outcast".

I can only hope that it's not too late for him, because I've witnessed the end of the current path he's on, and it only leads to painful, agonizing destruction.

@Snorting Nitrons , if you still have his phone number, would you give him a call sometime for me?

marmar

Wanderer
Website
soundcloud.com

Yeah because "anarchism" not Anarchism is why a group of admins kicks out a valued member instead of dealing with him in less harmful for the person way. Same reason prisons exist in the regular society. Isolate instead of help.
I havent seen any sexual harrasment in the above post that quotes creature's misconduct here. I saw name calling which seems more of a frustrating expression of his disappointment. So he is banned for cursing? Hm k. I expressed My opinion on this. Have nothing to add.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
Yeah because "anarchism" not Anarchism is why a group of admins kicks out a valued member instead of dealing with him in less harmful for the person way. Same reason prisons exist in the regular society. Isolate instead of help.
I havent seen any sexual harrasment in the above post that quotes creature's misconduct here. I saw name calling which seems more of a frustrating expression of his disappointment. So he is banned for cursing? Hm k. I expressed My opinion on this. Have nothing to add.
creature was sent multiple messages during just this incident. not to mention all of the other times he has been talked to. im terribly sorry that our "anarchist rule enforcement" that doesnt tolerate harassment is a disappointment to you. did you read all of the things creature said? this was his response to being asked (and given a warning point) to not act like a rude asshole. "fuck you i do what i want im a ANARCHIST" sorry dude, no, you cant continually act like a prick and get away with it. thats not how it goes. this one example of creatures behavior as of late is just that, its ONE example of him not showing common decency to other people. him being a valued member of the community doesnt excuse this kind of behavior. i thought @EphemeralStick made it pretty clear that no matter how valued you are you arnt above the basic "dont be a dick" rules of the website.

EphemeralStick

The Guay Agenda
You seem to be under the impression that we didn't try talking this out with him, nothing could be further from the truth. We did try. We tried for weeks. Even non staff users tried talking to him and still he chose to be unreasonable.

We aren't a bunch of faceless names. Creature was and in a lot of ways still is a very dear friend of mine I do not appreciate your thinking this was some oligarchy decision.

marmar

Wanderer
Website
soundcloud.com
You seem to be under the impression that we didn't try talking this out with him, nothing could be further from the truth. We did try. We tried for weeks. Even non staff users tried talking to him and still he chose to be unreasonable.

We aren't a bunch of faceless names. Creature was and in a lot of ways still is a very dear friend of mine I do not appreciate your thinking this was some oligarchy decision.
If Of course you dont appreciate my thinking. Cuz it's in disagreement with yours. Totalitarian regime it's called. Oh well. Very used to being unappreciated outspoken minority. Lol

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
This sucks... ::lurking::

Regardless of the circumstances... but I'm gonna buy some sake first chance I get to commemorate our loss of a unique insightful and interesting member...

I will miss the too long to read ranting rambling genus confusing posts.

I have no technical dissagrement with the decision here... but all the same it is unfortunate.

Perhaps in time with understanding and effort... amends and reconciliation can be achieved.

For we must remember, to err is human, to forgive divine.

Peace and good Journey, @creature... and when my lazy stupid sake and everything else including paint thinner drinking ass ever graduates Gotham homebum academy... yours is the first of first paths I wish to cross. ::drinkingbuddy::

Dameon

Global Moderator
Staff member
If Of course you dont appreciate my thinking. Cuz it's in disagreement with yours. Totalitarian regime it's called. Oh well. Very used to being unappreciated outspoken minority. Lol
Dude, you really don't understand political systems, do you? You think that anarchy means there's no rules and no consequences, and you think that anybody telling anybody else what to do is a totalitarian regime. If you moved into a punk house and just thought anarchy meant no rules and no consequences, and anybody telling you to do anything is totalitarianism, I can see why you got kicked out.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
yer in no way the outspoken minority in this case. you just dont seem to understand the things that have been typed about why what happend went down the way it did. when people no longer want to listen to reason and be a decent person on this site, they are banned. whats not to understand about that?

holy fuck

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Not surprised by this at all, actually.
Glad the moderators on this site have such integrity, and level headed capability to not let personal ties get in the way of things here.
I honestly don't even know what to say except that it's always so heart-breaking to see a friend cross over into some dark shit because of substance addiction...

no complaints while you HEARD ME ON THE PHONE, FUCKING TURNING DOWN A JOB, in order to keep my commitment to you.. so.. that's pretty funny.. you took my ride to your advantage over my personal welfare, but didn't call *that* addiction..

corny.. oh shit..
I can only hope that he'll wake up and realize what he's doing. He really built up some strange delusions....
yer funny, cornelious.. delusions.. wtf is a 'delusion'?
you actually have no clue about what hardness is, vs. what is softness..

you had a great guy at you side, once upon a time, & you were too hard to be soft..

hate & anger are such a sweet things.. so much better than delusion, that we don't need to critisize *them*, eh?

I kinda thought his rants WERE getting a bit "darker" in recent months, but I was REALLY hoping he'd get out of his slump.

Fuck.

I almost feel like y'all just told me he died.

I never did like sake much...
very judicious.. hand the grenades to someone who knows how to pull the pin, ok?

fuck being brothers, & fuck feeling like somebody had just died..
if maggots were crawling over *your* ass, if if they were coming out of my mother's shitter, i'd be pulling the bastards out of your fatigues with my goddamned teeth..

it's ok..

this isn't real war..

in any case..

my take is this:

"Upon receiving the notification message that his second warning had been issued (and that his account was now muted for 30 days) he proceeded to post the following:"

well.. if you say so.. after all, Ephemerial scitchk or whatever his name is hit me up with a formal warning, in front of a table of mods, **before** speaking to me personaly..

I dunno..this seems, to me, a wee bit Micheal Almond-esq..

my *second* warning, master whore fuck, was dredged up from a months old thread I hadn't been hit for, before..

***AGAIN*** without speaking to me directly, before the second warning was issued..

holy fuck Mother Fuck Troll..

if you *want* fairness & subdued inquiry & respect, show it..

you are now a Fuck Shit, & if you get reamed, fuck you, you are on your fucking own.

Hope the friendlies here can cover your fucking back..

this is my last fucking post, you fucking snot-gobs..

what a waste of my fucking life..

what a waste of hope..

but, fortunately, before this pisshole tanked, I *did* find a place that was working for what is real, in the sense of actual community..

so.. my lat post..

in any case, an hour ago, I started like this:

---------------------------

anyways..

Sake'...

I love goddamned fucking Sake'

& taking a good, deep, long, soft, smelly fucking shit,

after eating a good, deep, long, crunchy-chompy-chewy-chumpy fucking grest fucking meal..

good input, good output..

anyways..

the only one who got it *right* is @marmar..

O, oh Beautifull Sister..

SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS ALIVE BEHIND THE IRON CURTAIN..

you fucking assholes

behind the goddamned iron curtain..

& you shitheads, unless dig the censoring in china..

matt, schitck & whoevever else has no fucking clue...

you have no idea what you represent or are fighting for..

holy fuck fuck..

you have no clue what you are being threatened by, or defended against, by assholes like me whom test the perimeter weaknesses..

fuck us, & our pretend fucking names..

thank you, above all else, O Sister of History...

above all..

to be black, perhaps, & damned for not speaking about being black as those whom speak more about blackness means they are more black than those whom are just black & have no desire for blackness to be blackness, because they, themselves do not *want* to be black, but only fucking *human*...

to be human & to be free & fuck your fucking rules..

if you cannot ask, person to person, first..

it's funny..

fuck you all, if you think you dealt with me fairly.

You are liars.

You had one person acuse me (like a communist state), then created a lynching..

Gay andy?

Weren't you the guy who ***smashed the communal coffee pot***, threw a fucking temper tantrum & kept us from enjoying hot, brewed, coffee out of a thermos, until I figured out a way to half assed fix it, December, 2016..

weren't there a number of *other* temper-tantrums you threw?

Isn't *that* your way of controlling a situation, because you hate how weak you actually *are*?

You hate yourself for not having the balls to be more than is what is easy for you to be, don't you?

So fuck you, since you like what is easy, instead of working to do what is hard, you fucking whiniey fucking fantasy pretend scumbucket..

YOU

You, Andy, could have spoken to me *directly* before issuing the first warning..

& I would have complied.. editing, whatever, working things out..

but you, you weak fucking asshole, just issued the warning & hammered me..

good work, fucking silly fucking comrade..

good fucking work.

Anyways..

MarMar is the only one who digs..

fuck all of you others, your regrets, your observations, your sorrows, etc..

I need a place where I can **DO** a thing

to DO..

fuck.. I have many friends, older than you, who I care but little shit for, now, because most of we all we did was *talk*, & if NOT talk, then just mak things easier for talk..

let me tell you about my general working day, you fucking assholes, as a fucking grumpy 59 year old, who has been doing his shit for the past 35 years, & which will tell you why I fucking laugh at you & your critisims every time I offer up whatever fucking psychotic or drunken, monetary or actual, phyiscal contribution I have to make:

(so fuck you, little bung-hole penny poopers, & fat ass momma-poppa lie-milkers, who can't deal with having to take what it takes to gives to others what you take from them..)

I dig that you jump..

I dig the loud, dirty, clanking, dangerous, mile to mile, precarious, hungry, thirsty, scary reality you fuckers call down on yourselves in order to be what you are..

I dig.

I fucking *dig*..

you don't get paid, but you *pay*..

so I dig..

i really don't have time for soft-twats..

I don't care what you were forced into..

I care what you have *chosen*..

because choice comes

before

circumstance..

*especially* when it defines the circumstances brought upon us..

existence is a game of war..

wisdom is how you define you enemy..

I do not live in a box, assholes..

& none of your most active travelers do, either..

this place is just a spot where we thought there were no bulls..

at least back in 2009..

haven't really read the rules, since then..

I remember matt pyst saying “kill cops”, but not much more..

my day, & my hours of contribution, are like this:

i climb against rocks, up boulder strewn cliffs, through fucking deep briars & thorns, calf highmud, & get my feet soaked for hours on end in bacteria infested water..

i fight ground hornets, have to pop goddamned sewer manhole lids & measure the fucking things, while shit flows against what i am sticking down into them, & having to deal with the stench that comes out.

i have to stand in traffic, or just a few feet from the edge of roads where people pass by at 65 MPH, without benefit of flaggers, signs or other control, other than a few small cones & my goddamned fucking eyeballs..

EVERY FUCKING DAY I WORK, I MIGHT FUCKING DIE.

surveying is one of the top 20 most dangerous professions..

i carry a goddamned snake bite kit & emergency medical wrap, just in case i or my partner happen to slice open or hand or gouge our leg, because of a bounced machete swing.

i dig in the fucking dirt, like a dog, & i wade through poison oak & poison ivey, and sometimes i get swarmed by goddamned ground hornets..

i have to be careful of goddamned barbed fucking wire, heavy equipment on dust strewn construction sites & just the goddamned pain that accumulates while trying to get my shit done, all day long, while hauling around about 40 pounds or *more* of fucking equipment strapped to my goddamned back, belted around my waist & slung over my goddamned shoulder..

When I come home, I'm usually dirty, tired, aching, scratched up & dried out.

so.. I will say this:

I must love you assholes a *lot*, to share with you my shit & blood.

I don't have mommy & daddy to help me fix mt teeth..

I take care of what I love, first, & shove fucking plastic into my cavities, & make my own goddamned fake teeth, & help those whom i respect & love *here*, first..

fucking deluded fuck that i am..

though..

though..

Glorious Troll could have had his made from Gold, had he not made StP..

so fuck you all, hard fuck fucks that you are..

unless you are fucking soft...

shit.. for the 2015 jambo & what I threw down?

I could have *had* my fucking teeth..

but hey..

no need to talk to me, before warning me, right..?

We're done.

The strange thing about humans is how long they can live, having continually made bad, bad choices..

i know this first hand.

MarMar?

Thank you so much for knowing.

you are my kind of woman/person.

If you prep the hand grenades, i'll throw the fuckers.

If you ever, ever need anything, let me know.

*anything*

I will do as much as I can, with what I have.

You understand.

There is no fucking pretending.. the real fun only rides upon the real work..

& the real work means you might die, any moment, doing it..

all that I have is yours, other than the welfare of my mother, & maybe even more, beyond that..

my email is [email protected], & if you ever need anything, at all, I am here for you.

Much love, sis,

john.

(PS.. primarily on here, since i'm worried somebody might be caught in the northerly fires, or other complications..

but.. fuck.. doing shit for real gets you warned or banned or insulted or whatever..

it's all cool..

i have real shit to do, now..

anybody needs to reach me, you know my email.. [email protected]

if you can't speak fucking poetry, don't bother fucking speaking..

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
so creature sent me an email (must have been just after posting the above today) saying 'fuck you, enemy'.

and my response was:

"John, please grow up. We offered you *multiple* opportunities, and all we were asking is that you stop yelling and cursing at everyone. Not that much to ask really, and not any more than we ask of anyone else on StP. Even in your 'den of the banned' thread I wrote how much it saddened me to have to take that action against your account, and that I hope you seek out whatever help you need to get your mind right. That's still true. I think you need to stop drinking and seek a little bit of help.

I hope things pan out better for you in the future.

Matt"

Attachments

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
so creature sent me an email (must have been just after posting the above today) saying 'fuck you, enemy'.

and my response was:

"John, please grow up. We offered you *multiple* opportunities, and all we were asking is that you stop yelling and cursing at everyone. Not that much to ask really, and not any more than we ask of anyone else on StP. Even in your 'den of the banned' thread I wrote how much it saddened me to have to take that action against your account, and that I hope you seek out whatever help you need to get your mind right. That's still true. I think you need to stop drinking and seek a little bit of help.

I hope things pan out better for you in the future.

Matt"
this shit is beyond ridiculous at this point. "fuck you, enemy"? this 60 year old grown ass man has shown less maturity over this then anyone in recent memory that i can think of.

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.