CrimethInc. Convergence - Pittsburgh - July 20 (1 Viewer)

veggieguy12

The Captain
Is panning somehow done out of a better ethic than using a trust fund?

My guess is that panhandling is seen as work, going out and putting in the time and effort to get the money. Yes or no? That's how I look at it.
A trust fund, on the other hand, is (I believe) a general term for a bank account made for a minor by parents (and not usually poor parents, obviously), so that the kid will have some 'starting finances' when he/she reaches the qualifying age (I guess it could be any age, but probably the common one is 18 or 20). So this is viewable and resentable as someone getting something for absolutely nothing, just being given a big fat bank account to draw from. And simultaneously, appearing to live 'rough' or 'in the streets' or 'hoboing on trains', etc.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
I don't think anyone would get offended by being referred to by an unwanted pronoun; if their gender is that ambiguous, they probably get it a lot.

No, they actually sit everyone talk and tell them not to assume no matter how obvious.

I felt that they were creating what they were fighting against, but everyone has their own opinions other people on here obviously feel differently. I just said fuck it and have now converted to Jeffism..which consists of getting drunk, rideing trains, squatting dumpster diveing, shittin in cans, and fine beezys!!

ianfernite

Pilgrim
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm headed out tomorrow; hitching from 250 miles east. Not sure how long it will take me, but hopefully I'll get there before it's over, haha.

rabidpossum

Lurker
i went to the convergence in Winona, Minnesota and it wasn't bad. mostly because Winona is the sweetest town ever. 2 houts south of minneapolis, right on the mississippi river...

and if we didnt feel like being sober after the days activities (some were corny others awesome) we could go camp on the wisconsin side of latsche island, where cops would never find us.

aint been to one of their convergences since, but i cant complain about that one.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Website
feralkidscreations.com
I was there from monday to thursday and it wasn't to bad. They had a decent space and some pretty good workshops. Over all it was ok. Well except you couldn't drink or have dogs inside.

ianfernite

Pilgrim
Website
www.facebook.com
Some shit went down last night. I don't feel comfortable discussing it at this moment. I'm still in Pittsburgh, at some kind person's house; I have to go back to the space to get my phone, though. We don't know much about what, if anything, happened after we left.

E

ent_ink

I deleted myself
I would like to hear about what happened in more detail, any one want to write an account or anywhere I can read one?

ianfernite

Pilgrim
Website
www.facebook.com
To my knowledge, everyone is fine, except maybe the one person that was arrested and the one person that broke their hand.

I don't feel that comfortable talking about it, because I don't think it is my place to do so. There will probably be an 'official' account sooner or later.

I hung out under the panther hollow hobo bridge and got fucked up for 5 days instead of going out in the rain, saw some kids that looked like they were attending but I didn't ask where it was or anything. Kind of wasted my time in P-burgh, but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.