Hip Pouches/Fanny Packs! (1 Viewer)

J

Johnny P

I closed my account
Had me an 80's style Fanny Pack for a while until it finally gave out on me. I can keep all my essentials in there. Toothbrush/Paste, Phone charger, chap stick, pen, lighter, ganja (if i got it), tobacco (I don't smoke, bu I always seem to have some), ID's, Dog papers.

I could probably lose all my gear and as long as I got my hip pouch and my Mandolin, which I never ever stash in the rare rare case I do stash my pack, and still be able to get by. Lose that hip pouch and I'd be a little more fucked.

It also clears up a bit of room in your pack, and keeps the small stuff that you use all the time handy instead of keeping them in your pockets. I always lose stuff that's in my pockets.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

West

Squatter Fodder
I use a Mosin Nagant ammo pouch, they're waterproof and you can open em one handed. They're like six bucks on eBay - Soviet WW2

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
StP Supporter
I use a Mosin Nagant ammo pouch, they're waterproof and you can open em one handed. They're like six bucks on eBay - Soviet WW2

So that's what they are - I've seen some of them hanging off some panniers on some long distance cyclists vs just the saddle bag. I looked them up on bicycle sites - ha no wonder I didn't find them.

sucuri

Wanderer
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
Oh man I had one forever. Got it in Chile, where it seemed like everybody had one. Only complaint was it needed more seperate pockets, had a bit of a black hole problem after a few weeks of never seeing the bottom of it. Sometimes it did bother me sitting down though, and I would take it off and then get drunk and forget about it.

That's how I eventually lost it :(

Hylyx

Vagabond
I wear my "utility belt" every day. It's leather, has lots of pockets for all my things, and a bunch of D rings to attach different pockets. I made some big pouches and tool loops for working construction, for example. I fucking love it. it's a little bulky at times, but I'm pretty well used to it after 5 or so years.

Also, it's only happened once, but the one time I was in a car and we got searched, they tore apart the car and all our bags, but totally neglected to even notice my belt, though I had nothing of interest to the pigs at the time. I don't think that's a normal thing, but who knows. Sometimes the best place to hide something is in plain sight...

DesertRat

Wayfarer

I have 2 double sets of these. They came with the rifle I bought, as well as a cleaning/tool pouch, and a badass bayonet.

As a general storage idea, they are invaluable.

They're now on a general "utility belt" that goes everywhere with me. They're damn near indestructible!

wombatt

Wayfarer
Website
nogodsnomasterz.tumblr.com
on my belt i keep a little leather pouch a friend in montreal gave me that one dosnt cary much but its good for my teeth stuff and my fire kit (two things I always need to have on me) I also attatch a little pouch I made from one of the small pockets on a tiny german military 12h rucksack that I had been using. I'm also usually carrying my knife also has a little itty bitty pouch thing on its sheath where I keep a small bic lighter.

OutsideYourWorld

Vagabond
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
I carry a hungarian army gasmask bag as a satchel, which has enough room for a water bottle as well as a book or two and a number of smaller things. It even has straps on the outside to attach a jacket.
I also have a leather belt and a couple leather ammo pouches and a weird leather purse thing I got off a gypsy in Athens. Love my randomly collected equipment :D

JanKrusz

I basicly pack in small backpack , my punk jacket and utility belt . 3 pouches made from old cargo pants pockets , 1 bigass US ammo pouch , little sack for ganja stuff and my modded fanny pack . Lots of space , no problem with sleeping or leaving it somewhere and stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.