Hopping the border into the US (1 Viewer)

Hiceadha

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to sneak into the US from Mexico preferrably on foot then hitch to New Orleans. Im white and blonde so can easily blend in as an American but il have a backpack. Will be looking into doing this next month. Need to get back and work because im broke as shit

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Hiceadha

might add that I would have a mexico tourist visa so I dont need to worry about checkpoints on the mexico side

psychofoamer

asshole
Banned
Website
www.paynepress.com
Swim across the rio grande, maybe the border patrol won't shoot ya. lol

Why not just cross the border legitimately at a crossing. Probably less stress overall.

Trains coming into the U.S. Are heavily scrutinized

Hiceadha

Fair enough if i come in legally i have to provide proof of a flight ticket home which is another 200 dollara i dont have and i get a visa for just 3 months which il probably stay longer than and become illegal anyway

K

Kim Chee

I closed my account
After 9/11 this country has taken the issue of infiltration to a new level. If some crusties can talk about entering the country, who knows who might be listening? Sorry if I missed this, where is your citizenship from?

Hiceadha

Irish passport, will be the second time in the US and theres no reason i should be refuse except for not paying a fine i got for riding the NY subway without a ticket

Art101

Nomad
Stupid Idea man stupid idea.With all the crap going on down on the border I wouldn't even try it.Well I might just to see.Then again I have moments where I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.If ya do do it all I can say is good luck.

D

Deleted member 11392

I closed my account
Once you get past the actual border, youre almost guaranteed to go through a secondary checkpoint run by Homeland Security. Better have your papers with you....

The border situation is fucked, but people still cross it every day.

People also die and get arrested everyday too.

wokofshame

Vagabond
Website
www.weather.gov
Buy an amtrak ticket from the US to canada, Amtrak tickets are 100% refundable if you do it in time. print out the receipt and show it to CBP when you cross the border legally.
Say if you cross at TJ/san diego, buy a san diego-vancouver bc ticket for a few days later, refund it as soon as you are in.
There are a lot of mexican workers in this country who used to visit home once a year and see their families, due to increased border security now very few do so, they just stay here year after year working.

Hiceadha

Buy an amtrak ticket from the US to canada, Amtrak tickets are 100% refundable if you do it in time. print out the receipt and show it to CBP when you cross the border legally.
Say if you cross at TJ/san diego, buy a san diego-vancouver bc ticket for a few days later, refund it as soon as you are in.
There are a lot of mexican workers in this country who used to visit home once a year and see their families, due to increased border security now very few do so, they just stay here year after year working.

Good idea but wouldnt work, I need to show proof of leaving North America not just the US for US customs

Fair enough if i come in legally i have to provide proof of a flight ticket home which is another 200 dollara i dont have and i get a visa for just 3 months which il probably stay longer than and become illegal anyway

just make a fake ticket? seems less risky than solo cruising across one of the most militarized areas in the developed world

Alf inflikt

Lurker
Can anyone tell me how easy it is to sneak into the US from Mexico preferrably on foot then hitch to New Orleans. Im white and blonde so can easily blend in as an American but il have a backpack. Will be looking into doing this next month. Need to get back and work because im broke as shit
Alright, SI check it out where are you in Mexico I live in Laredo TX,n Nuevo Laredo Mexico Laredo TX.us border and if you got your tourist visa it's no problem usually if your white they just flag you through with just saying American citizen and why tree are plenty of places you could swim across most so the good sports ate syndicated bby the cartels so"plomo o plata" right., let me know once you hit the border front and maybe I can help you out better, but again where are you at??

Hiceadha

At the moment in argentina. Im gonna go with the fake ticket approach then probably just overstay the visa if i get in ok

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.