Banned Juan Derlust banned for spamming the board with utter nonsense (1 Viewer)

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I love how @Brodiesel710 can just make a 100% certain determination on the state of StP based on "eye-balling" user accounts and posting.

Me, I'm a bigger fan of actual statistics:

screenshot_2020-06-09-statistics-squat-the-planet-admin-control-panel-png.56537

Both user registrations, along with posts and user activity have been rising steadily since 2012. Not by a ton, mind you, (1-5%?) but I also don't really do any kind of advertising, so I'm pretty comfortable with these stats.

If there was any kind of serious decline as some users have stated, I would have done something about it along time ago. Now I'm sure there's gonna be folks that claim the quality of content has gone down, but I respectfully disagree and there's no real way to quantify that. The community has just geared itself towards helping travelers across all forms of travel instead of concentrating on the train hopping community as it had been doing before 2010.

Anyways, this has gotten far enough off topic, if people can't post something relevant to the OP of this thread, please take it elsewhere and start a new thread on the subject.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.