Montana (1 Viewer)

AaronOnTheRoad

Wanderer
Okay here in about a week i will be heading to Montana with a road dog. Once we get there i want to hit the west coast cause I've never been. I will be crossing the way to get to my dads house. Should i stop by and get a hoodie and maybe a long sleeve shirt. Im having a feeling that it's going to take a little while to get there and come back. I just wanna know before i pass my dads house. Thanks

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
When I was up there a few weeks ago it was still getting pretty chilly, and it was snowing in Bozeman. According to google, the temperatures are going to range between 60-80 degrees fahrenheit over the next week. Could be colder at night, though. Couldn't hurt to bring a jacket. You could always drop it off at a thrift store if it proves to be too warm.

Art101

Nomad
My thoughts too.Bring a jacket even if its a shell.Montana can be nice and warm one min. and cold and miserable the next.If I am up there I always carry a shell jacket in the summer if just for wind protection.

Art101

Nomad
Yeah this was our house last month with 18in of snow...
snow 2.jpg

Art101

Nomad
East coast cold is diff. from intermountain west.Its usually a drier cold that cuts to the bone really fast.Plus its almost always windy.

AaronOnTheRoad

Wanderer
I know i was in Minnesota two winters ago i thought i was going to freeze to death. Hurt my lungs so bad when i was breathing so cold the bull didn't even get out when he saw me.

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Had a fukn blast one winter (06) hitching from White Fish to Missoula. Folx were super friendly & generous with the 420...haha very cool ppl but beware through the Rez if you're carrying anything cuz of the Tribal Police... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.