Music share for the road (1 Viewer)

Johny

Wanderer
Idk how it would work , but some kinda music share would be cool , like for traveling musicians and for play list or whatever , I know I spent hours with my headphones on either ppl watching or just walking to Where ever .

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

MatatuPuncher

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Idk how it would work , but some kinda music share would be cool , like for traveling musicians and for play list or whatever , I know I spent hours with my headphones on either ppl watching or just walking to Where ever .
It would be great if there was a music version of Z-library. Maybe there is but I don't know about it.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Hmm, the closest thing I can think of is AnarchoPunk.net, since they're the only forum I know of that actually hosts files for download.

I've toyed around with the idea of hosting music that is related to this culture, but I guess my main concern would be copyright issues. We do have some borderline stuff in the library, but that's all blocked from google, and you CAN upload music to the library, but no one really has.

I've been eyeing this Music Thread Starter addon for our forum software for a while now, since it would at least give us a place to share and catalog music of interest to travelers. From there they can figure out where to download it (or we can link to a youtube video of the song or something).

@Johny @MatatuPuncher do you think this would be helpful?

MatatuPuncher

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
That would be pretty bitchin' if it's user friendly. I have an external hard drive of about 120 GB of stand alone MP3 music files not tied to Itunes or anything else. A lot of junk but also a lot of 70'/80's rock and old school country that might appeal to some folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $70.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $70.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $70.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.