Outdoor movie night! Travel films, music video karaoke and other fun stuff (1 Viewer)

Website
flowercrownmeaqueen.bandcamp.com
looking over the projector, someone at the very least should also bring a portable speaker with an auxiliary input and a 3.5mm male to male cord just so we have all our bases covered and don't just show up without sound that everyone can hear.

Also for some movie suggestions:
I got Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas on DVD as well as Space Jam

also also FUCK yes karaoke

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
looking over the projector, someone at the very least should also bring a portable speaker with an auxiliary input and a 3.5mm male to male cord just so we have all our bases covered and don't just show up without sound that everyone can hear.

i will be bringing at least one bluetooth/3.5 jack speaker, hopefully others will bring theirs as well.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
i will be bringing at least one bluetooth/3.5 jack speaker, hopefully others will bring theirs as well.

I can bum my road dawg's ION Pathfinder 3 speaker

So....I have an ION Pathfinder 4 bluetooth speaker someone got me for my birthday that I will plan to bring. The battery life on it is good for days. It also has a wireless phone charger thingy on it.

And if we get the next round of stimulus checks, I may just spring for a good portable power plant to bring, so e'ryone can be able to charge phones, charge movie projector, etc

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
So....I have an ION Pathfinder 4 speaker someone got me for my birthday that I will plan to bring. The battery life on it is good for days. It also has a wireless phone charger thingy on it.

And if we get the next round of stimulus checks, I may just spring for a good portable power plant to bring, so e'ryone can be able to charge phones, charge movie projector, etc
cool, i have a decent power bank i can bring along as well.

TurboArmatron

Hey folks, so I'm looking at getting a movie projector, along with a power source to do some movies and possibly other fun stuff at the Jamboree. I'm thinking a selection of travel films and possibly a music video collection people can sing along to if they want :) We can get a completely decent projector for about $50, we just need a way to power it (cheap generator? @iamwhatiam and @CrowTheBard maybe you have ideas for this?) So yeah, I would like to get folk's input and suggestions for what to play!
So where and when is this going to be happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.