Satellite communicator (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
so the cheapest tier is $25/mo to send 25 text messages via satellite. i don't think you're going to find many in this community that are going to be remote enough to pay that kind of money for such limited communication. might be useful in certain situations, but probably not for most people.

allyncooper

so the cheapest tier is $25/mo to send 25 text messages via satellite. i don't think you're going to find many in this community that are going to be remote enough to pay that kind of money for such limited communication. might be useful in certain situations, but probably not for most people.
Agreed. Most on this site would probably be in cell range enuf wouldn't make it worth it. On the other hand I'll probably get one because I plan on long term boondock overlanding. Just depends on what your nomadic lifestyle is.

DrewSTNY

Vagabond
Back country connectivity is always troublesome even in the Eastern part of the US. Most NFS and National Park areas don't have good cell service in my experience, so something like this is good to have. The unlimited messaging otherwise is good if it can connect to spotty service. Being a dirty scout doesn't mean having to go without comms. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.