Banned Shadow Moon banned for abusing post ratings system (1 Viewer)

Shadow Moon

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
I can’t take my dog on greyhound, Amtrak or Airlines. I don’t know how some of you travel with a medium/large dog. How do you do it? I am just trying to get somewhere new so I can start over. I would like some options, I don’t need any criticism or shitposts

Moderator edit: user wasn't satisfied with my responses so decided to respond with spamming the shit post rating and then calling me and matt butt buddies. as flattering as it is, me and matt arnt hiney honeys. - @SlankyLanky

Last edited by a moderator:
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
https://squattheplanet.com/threads/friendly-destination-for-bicycle-touring.36063/

well you might have a hard time doing it on a bike. it would actually be kinda cruel to do that unless you only wanna go very short distances at a time as far as bike touring goes. i had a pit and she sure wouldnt wanna run 15-20 mph over 80 miles a day. unless you wanna put yer pup in a trailer with all yer gear? but i personally wouldnt feel safe doing that if it was my dog.

OP
Shadow Moon

Shadow Moon

Banned
I’m buying a bike trailer. Do you have any other input? Would it be less cruel to hop a train? I’m just weighing options.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
I don’t know how some of you travel with a medium/large dog. How do you do it?
I’m buying a bike trailer. Do you have any other input? Would it be less cruel to hop a train? I’m just weighing options.
looks like you answered yer own question. have you ever hopped freight before? have you thought about the possibility that that could be terribly harmful to yer pups ears?

OP
Shadow Moon

Shadow Moon

Banned
I can’t take my dog on Amtrak or greyhound. Do you know a company or service that allows Pitbulls?

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
airplanes. and it depends on the line. having a pit is hard dude i feel ya.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
theres no need to be rude. if you dont want my advice just let me know.

OP
Shadow Moon

Shadow Moon

Banned
Airlines requires that your dog fit under the seat. You are not being helpful

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
i think yer being kinda dense when it comes to helping yerself so let me just be blunt.

how do you travel on a bike with a dog? you get a trailer and panniers for yer gear and you ride. no shit you cant take yer dog on greyhound or amtrak but that wasnt part of yer question so i didnt think it was a issue. i thought you wanted to ride a bike. and for somebody whos been here less then 24 hours you seem to know a hell of alot about me.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
changing the title of yer original post doesnt change my answer to yer question but i hope you get a better answer, i know some of us have magic carpets that we keep secret.

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a pitbull myself.

There are a few options, as far as I've experienced or observed.

From lowest cost to highest cost:

- * Hitchhike. With this method, you and your dog will generally walk at the same pace. Just be sure to train him/her to walk on the side of you AWAY from traffic.
Pros: Free
Cons: Slow; sometimes Uncomfortable and/or Frustrating

- * Use online rideshares. This is basically the same as hitchhiking, but sometimes a little more reliable, and arrangements can be made to pick you up somewhere in the shade, instead of waiting on a hot-ass on-ramp for hours or possibly days.
Pros: Free; Get a chance to communicate with driver; Less chance of getting a ride with a wacko
Cons: Sometimes difficult to find rides to specific destinations; Sometimes rides fall through and you're back at square one

- Bike with Bike trailer. This one was already mentioned earlier in this thread, but you have to make sure you get a trailer large enough for all your gear AND the Doggo to be comfortable. The larger the trailer, the more it will cost.
Pros: Faster than hitchhiking; Don't have to carry all your gear on your back; Good workout
Cons: Makes stealth camping almost impossible; equipment maintenance; Sore legs all the time

- * Rubbertramp. Get yourself a motor vehicle of some kind. I personally prefer vans.
Pros: Get where YOU want, WHEN you wanna get there, more or less; No need to carry any of your gear on your back; Guaranteed shelter from the elements (rain, snow, too hot, wind, etc.); Can pick up other hitchhikers or rideshares, and sometimes get kickdowns from that
Cons: Costs a lot of money, so unless you have an income of some kind, you'll be spending a lot of time flying signs, crafting/selling things (if that's your thing); Vehicle Maintenance, Including keeping up with current License, Registration, and Insurance; If it breaks down, you're stuck back at square one, unless a miracle occurs

- * Have Doggo Registered and Trained as a SERVICE ANIMAL. This will allow, by federal law, the dog to go anywhere YOU are allowed to go.
Pros: Have your dog with you all the time; even in food establishments
Cons: VERY EXPENSIVE. The training & certification costs roughly $5,000 - $8,000 per dog.

(the entries marked with a * are the ones that I have personally used.)
____________________________________________________________________________________

You might notice that I did NOT include hopping freight on this list. I will admit that this is a personal preference, as I believe that doggos do NOT belong on freight trains. The noise permanently damages their very sensitive hearing, the metal surfaces hurt and can injure their feet, and the process of getting on/off the train is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, not to mention that the dog will most likely be absolutely TERRIFIED the whole time you're on the train, which causes psychological damage, and can cause the dog to act out with fear responses at inappropriate times.

I used to hop trains, in fact it was my very favorite method of travel. However, when I adopted my dog, I quit hopping trains. I don't want to risk my life, or my dog's life or health unnecessarily.

Hope this info helps.

OP
Shadow Moon

Shadow Moon

Banned
Thanks for your reply. Right now I’m only capable of options 1, 2, and 3. So far from rideshare, even though I’m offering $200 (I would pay more to the right person upon arrival), these people ask male or female... and then when I say male they ghost. Why ask I’m offering money??

I have no intentions of train hopping, with or without dog

Why do I need to stealth camp?
What do those cross country bicyclist do?
*sigh I’ll get a motel when I stop

VikingAdventurer

Website
www.youtube.com
A lot of people these days are afraid to pick up strange, male-bodied people that they don't know.

What might help weed some of those ones out is to let people know right away that you're a male traveling with a dog. Put that info right at the top of your "Seeking ride" ads.

That way, they won't bother to ask.

VikingAdventurer

Website
www.youtube.com
Also, maybe don't specifically SAY how much $$ you're offering, just say you'll "pay for gas & food" or something like that.

If someone straight-up offered me $200 for a ride, I would definitely be suspicious.

Object

Banned
Pits are stereotyped. I think that's the word. Anyway yeah I had one for a while and boy she cost me a lot. Nobody wanted anything to do with me after they met her. She was a bit mouthy to say the least. I hope it goes well with you, lots of people who love the breed as well. Just be honest when posting for timeshare don't let it be a secret it's a pit or you'll just get let down, or maybe you'll find that a lot of ppl will accept it. I hope yours isn't as temperamental as my baby was. Whoo boy!

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
@Shadow Moon you can leave as many poops as youd like up until the point where it becomes spammy or personal. i tried to help you. just because you didnt like what was pointed out to you in a thread where you asked for advice doesnt make something stupid. and if you continue to do so you will no longer be welcome here. play nice, or go home. dont shit on me trying to point out that the answer to yer question is a google answer away.

OP
Shadow Moon

Shadow Moon

Banned
That’s how your karma system works isn’t it?

That’s why your butt buddy voted half my replies

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
yes. because yer replies were stupid...

dude i dont wanna ban you just calm down this is nothing personal i think yer taking it that way because i gave you a answer you didnt wanna hear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.