Skateboarding (1 Viewer)

lygerbamboo

Anyone ever travel with a board?
Longboard even?
I bet it would be worth it coming across prime spots.
I brought a skateboard with me on a trip I took to get awhile for awhile, ended up meeting some train hopping kids. I let the biggest guy ride my board, ended up snapping in half (waterlogged deck so I was expecting it at some point). I figured Id keep the trucks at least, but they got me drunk and my dumbass left them in the park we were hanging out in.
Anyway, any traveling skateboarders out there?

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Fuck yeah man. I'm not currently traveling but I wouldn't leave without one. 100% skateboarder since I was a yung g.

Your best options price-wise are these blanks:
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Skate_Warehouse_Skateboard_Decks/catpage-DKSKATEWARE.html

Or good ol' Mini Logo's:
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Mini_Logo_Skateboard_Decks/catpage-DKMINILOGO.html

...combined with basic Independent or Thunder trucks, Bones Reds bearings, and some basic Spitfire wheels and you're good to go.

Longboards are retarded, don't ever buy one.

think i might bring my board along this time just for the fuck of it. if nothing else i can trade it later on, and i barely got any gear so the weight ain't much an issue haha

drewski

Banned
think i might bring my board along this time just for the fuck of it. if nothing else i can trade it later on, and i barely got any gear so the weight ain't much an issue haha
Why the fuck would you trade your skateboard? It's an essential!

wombatt

Wayfarer
Website
nogodsnomasterz.tumblr.com
I love skating and have for the past month or so been traveling with my board. I just strap it to my pack and take it off when I'm skating around. So far it'd been a worthwhile thing to have but I have to un strap the board to put my pack in grainer holes and if you are someone who hops on the fly it could be a bit of a hassle but I've yet to have any problems thus far

OP
lygerbamboo

lygerbamboo

Fuck yeah man. I'm not currently traveling but I wouldn't leave without one. 100% skateboarder since I was a yung g.

Your best options price-wise are these blanks:
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Skate_Warehouse_Skateboard_Decks/catpage-DKSKATEWARE.html

Or good ol' Mini Logo's:
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Mini_Logo_Skateboard_Decks/catpage-DKMINILOGO.html

...combined with basic Independent or Thunder trucks, Bones Reds bearings, and some basic Spitfire wheels and you're good to go.

Longboards are retarded, don't ever buy one.
Thanks for the links~
Longboards aren’t that bad, they're fun to play around with. My car recently died on me, and all I have is this longboard someone gave me in St. Augustine, put some new stuff on it and now riding it a lot I'm coming to appreciate the longboard for what it is.
Im ready to build a new board though, longboards are just too....long hahaha

drewski

Banned
Thanks for the links~
Longboards aren’t that bad, they're fun to play around with. My car recently died on me, and all I have is this longboard someone gave me in St. Augustine, put some new stuff on it and now riding it a lot I'm coming to appreciate the longboard for what it is.
Im ready to build a new board though, longboards are just too....long hahaha
If you need a board for transportation, buy an old school deck (they're a lot wider and come in various different shapes) with big trucks and fat ass wheels. Softer wheels will give you a smoother ride but they will slow you down a bit. Hard ones will get you where you need to go in no time and you can still do tricks, unlike a longboard.

OP
lygerbamboo

lygerbamboo

I agree, long boards are the wrong boards
I've come to see that riding a longboard is exhilarating as fuck when you've found an empty stretch of street with a decent decline. Skating is my therapy, it don't matter what kind of board I'm on as long as I'm riding.

E

etpyh

I deleted myself
I've come to see that riding a longboard is exhilarating as fuck when you've found an empty stretch of street with a decent decline.
Yeah but they are a pain in the ass in the 90% of time where you don`t have miles of emtpy street in front of you.
Get a normal shaped board about 8-9.5" with big soft wheels is my advice.

Kept300

Lurker
I'm an avid longboarder... I grew up with both styles but I've kept with the longboard stuff. It's magical. You can do tricks. Hit speed. It just has so many options. I respect classic skating but I understand the art of flatland and enjoy the longboard. Check this video out:

If you need a board for transportation, buy an old school deck (they're a lot wider and come in various different shapes) with big trucks and fat ass wheels. Softer wheels will give you a smoother ride but they will slow you down a bit. Hard ones will get you where you need to go in no time and you can still do tricks, unlike a longboard.
You legit just described my board.. Been traveling with it for a few years now.

Anyone ever travel with a board?
Longboard even?
I bet it would be worth it coming across prime spots.
I brought a skateboard with me on a trip I took to get awhile for awhile, ended up meeting some train hopping kids. I let the biggest guy ride my board, ended up snapping in half (waterlogged deck so I was expecting it at some point). I figured Id keep the trucks at least, but they got me drunk and my dumbass left them in the park we were hanging out in.
Anyway, any traveling skateboarders out there?
I skateboarded from jacksonville florida to Valdosta Georgia and back to see my daughter before and that was spiritual as fuck. Not to mention she was stoked as fuck. Also I skateboarded from jacksonville florida to st Augustine and back a few different times. Wether or not it's hopping frieght riding a bus flying hitching or tramping I have a skateboard with me. That's been a constant in my life for 16 years. It's the one drug I can't quit. Skate or fucking die.

mightyb

Banned
only problem I have is holding it sideways on my pack beacasue I get caught on the train,,like id be on the train but i have to shimmey around the gates and its a bitch just make sure the board isn't sideways man