Banned Starkley banned for failing to understand how a forum works then being a dick about it (1 Viewer)

do all stp users have a distain for rainbow?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Maybe because it's a more functional event and they're jealous

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing against the event itself, it's the people that attend who are horrible.

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
OP
starkley

starkley

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Not sure why this thread has your cover photo on it now. But I don't refute my standpoint and only concurs my original point of "barely functional" also thanks for showing me the door" oh holy administrator as I already didn't feel welcomed enough.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
wow if only this site has basic accommodations like a delete option
There is a delete option. I would be more then happy to ban yer account if you'd like. Also I took the liberty of reverting yer original post back to what it originally was so people can have some context to what yer hissy fit is about.

Faceplant

Mmmm . . . Taste the Ballast!
Rainbow gatherings I’ve been to 3 nationals,13 regionals total 15 (2013-2018)
-2013 VERMONT regional
---(CA)1st so.cal Black sheep
--(CO)Love gathering
(NM) EArth day
-(SD)2014 SOUTH DAKOTA NATIONALS
---(CO)regionals
--(CA)2nd black sheep
-(CO)Love gathering

-(VT)2015 VERMONT NATIONALS
---(CO) Regionals
--{AZ)Arizona

-(CA)Black Sheep
-Love gathering
-(2016)OREGON NATIONALS
---Washington regionals
--4th black sheep
-Arizona love gathering
Pretty sure your cute little poll answers tour question. Now scram.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Not sure why this thread has your cover photo on it now. But I don't refute my standpoint and only concurs my original point of "barely functional" also thanks for showing me the door" oh holy administrator as I already didn't feel welcomed enough.
If everyone made posts like you did, stating a list of places you've been or gathering attended, and nothing else, then this site would become pretty bogged down with useless content. Do t you think it'd be better to make a list of your gatherings attended on your own profile page??? I mean, you could have at least written about your experiences or told a story or ask some questions which I'm positive no one would have given you shot for but no....you just posted a list and nothing else which isnt very useful at all to anyone. So don't get all butthurt for getting called out on that

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Dude, how are you gonna try and spin it into all that rah rah rah? This post is a weird ass flex, nothing more. I don't know if you thought you'd get cool points or exactly what the purpose was but it certainly isn't a personal archive of your personal journey as you put it. You know why it isn't a personal archive of your personal journey? Because that shit would have been kept personal.

You posted on a public forum. If anything, post that shit on your own profile as a status, maybe. Still a weird flex but okay. This is primarily a traveler forum and while yes you must have traveled to those events your post is still fucking stupid. I travel to the shitter a couple times a day, not gonna write up an account of it and call it a personal journey publicly because who fucking cares right?

Write about the actual event, the people you met, the things you saw/did. Write about the actual trip to those events, that might have been interesting. But to just list off every wook convention you've attended and literally give nothing more? That's why your post is trash. Nobody is attacking you on a personal level. I'm sure you have plenty of great stories to share. I'm certain you can do better than this.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
And the reason why so many people here have such disdain for rainbow is because it's a shitty event. You guys wanna act like you're all nature loving this this and that but the truth is you guys fuck shit up. When cattle move in herds across prairies they destroy a shit ton of the habitat they're trampling over. All that dancing is no different. The waste you leave behind, the additional strain put on local hospitals. The list goes on and on.

It used to be cool in the early 90's but it's so far removed from how it was back then. It shouldn't even go by the same name anymore. Isn't there a rainbow forum or something? Maybe you'd find more like minded folks there, idk?

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Isn't there a rainbow forum or something?
One of the reasons we get so many threads about rainbow events is because the rainbow family can't get their shit together enough to make a website that doesn't look like it was coded in notepad in 1992. So when people search for "rainbow gatherings" on Google, StP is usually in the top 5 results.

TL;DR: no forums for wooks cause that would involve too much effort.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I added an extra poll option, just in the interests of being fair.

Also, moved this thread to the den of the banned. User asked to be shown the door, so we obliged.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Not sure why this thread has your cover photo on it now. But I don't refute my standpoint and only concurs my original point of "barely functional"
Yeah so.. when you view the forums sorted by latest entry, it shows the profile pic of the last person who commented. I believe it's the user who's barely functional, the site is working fine you just don't know what you're doing and you're grasping for any sort of insults you can come up with to make yourself feel better. Is it working?

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
just before this thread gets put to bed - can someone explain the term wook for me ?
Yanno, I'm not positive of this but just doing basic math I suspect it has something to do with a lot of rainbow kids having like.. a whole lot of hair everywhere right? So dreads probably, a beard is likely too right. Then everywhere else(which I'm totally not knocking, fuck shaving imo) but yeah, I think all of that kinda makes one look like a wookie, Chewbacca Star Wars you know? So then just shorten that to wook and here we are. I could be entirely wrong about every single bit of that, if so please somebody educate us both.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
And the reason why so many people here have such disdain for rainbow is because it's a shitty event. You guys wanna act like you're all nature loving this this and that but the truth is you guys fuck shit up. When cattle move in herds across prairies they destroy a shit ton of the habitat they're trampling over. All that dancing is no different. The waste you leave behind, the additional strain put on local hospitals. The list goes on and on.

It used to be cool in the early 90's but it's so far removed from how it was back then. It shouldn't even go by the same name anymore. Isn't there a rainbow forum or something? Maybe you'd find more like minded folks there, idk?
Holy fuck this is the most relavent thing I've heard all week. You are speaking to the Ranger in me. Haha

One of the reasons we get so many threads about rainbow events is because the rainbow family can't get their shit together enough to make a website that doesn't look like it was coded in notepad in 1992. So when people search for "rainbow gatherings" on Google, StP is usually in the top 5 results.

TL;DR: no forums for wooks cause that would involve too much effort.
*Such a perfect statement

Ya, this post is like the most telling Drainbow commentary I've heard in a long time. All sign point to a GIANT "D" in front of the poster's self-labeling.

Desperado Deluxe

Wise Sage
Website
instagram.com
Honestly the op was just trying to share where they'd been in their travels which is often a way I've connected with people.
When the forum admin went off and used a derogatory term to reference the op and used their post as an excuse to bash rainbow culture.
Isn't xenophobia something we stand against? and what's this site for anyway?

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Fuck it, I'll bite.
Don't you think xenophobia is a bit of a heavy word in this context? We're pretty fucking open-minded around here, as a whole I don't think we judge other groups of people for being different. But we're also observant of the actions of those other groups of people.

Rainbow culture used to be fucking swell about 28 years ago, but it's an entirely different animal nowadays, it's continually getting worse too. And sure it isn't every single rainbow attendee that's ruining it, but it's a large enough percentage of them at this point that(in my opinion) we can attack it. Similar to ACAB, I've met a few cool cops but fuck cops right?

If they weren't destroying the national forest they supposedly love, and maybe they could scale down the rapiness a bit, among other local impacts they have and leave in their wake.. idk, I'd probably be all for it. Love is a pretty cool thing, can we love the land a bit more before we leave? Be a little less trash culture about it maybe?

It's just like homebums right. We've all got/had a homebum we love(d). They're not all terrible, but the greater majority are. Many of them burn the spots. They're not very good at picking up after themselves. Shittin on the sidewalks, shittin on themselves, shittin on you and me. They could be better that's all I'm saying.

Same goes for rainbow kids, they could fix this entire stigma in a single year. Leave the land exactly as you found it. Leave it better than you found it. Pick up the last assholes trash left before you arrived. Don't make it a million times worse all while at the same time talkin bout love mother earth n whatnot. Work that shit out ya wooks, you're fuckin up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.