Banned User Fevs banned for hate speech (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
It seems silly to bring up that the den of the banned was not created specifically so people can voice their opinions on why people are banned (or to present why they shouldn't be banned for that matter, but go right ahead Its no skin off my back) but more as a transparent place where users can see for themselves why people are banned and not think "gee golly they sure do ban people for no reason". People discussing it just comes along with that.

But yea, the staff did come to a consensus, we banned a fucking nazi. Kinda a cut and dry case imo, but ya know apparently I was wrong in thinking that.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
It seems silly to bring up that the den of the banned was not created specifically so people can voice their opinions on why people are banned (or to present why they shouldn't be banned for that matter, but go right ahead Its no skin off my back) but more as a transparent place where users can see for themselves why people are banned and not think "gee golly they sure do ban people for no reason". People discussing it just comes along with that.

But yea, the staff did come to a consensus, we banned a fucking nazi. Kinda a cut and dry case imo, but ya know apparently I was wrong in thinking that.
Oh come on, man. You know for a fucking fact that isint what I think. That is one of the major reason we dont see eye to eye. If you have paid attention to anything I've said in the past 2 years you would know I mostly side with staff, and I consider that a serious blow to how I feel about how this website is run.

Also, peoples opinions are peoples opinions. There is no FACT in this case. You have no idea if this person IS and actual nazi, that is your opinion based off of the evidence presented, just as how everyone's opinion in their own comments are based off of the same.

For example, Myself, as well as many other users, support this ban, as we all feel it was appropriate. However, I feel in no way, that Blank is a Nazi sympathizer for voiced defense for his friend. If he would have said 'hey, it's not THAT bad of a nazi comment' or something like that, I would be on a different warpath right now.

I dont want to fight with you, man, but I feel you are instigating this issue, after the only thing I said about not agreeing with calling someone a Nazi sympathizer, which is a very serious accusation, that can severely affect someone's reputation in this community for the rest of their lives.

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Yeah woo I'm a nazi sympathizer, what the fuck ever.

@croc He really was just being sarcastic about not really meshing well with very flamboyant people. He doesn't dislike gay people. He said in the same conversation that he does not care about people's sexuality. The messages around it that were deleted made that more clear, which is why they were deleted. At this point I'm just annoyed that a bunch of grown ass adults are getting fooled by a 17 year old.

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok. I've went back and reviewed this post. I find some things concerning that I did not see before.
It's not a great thing but people throwing the term faggot around willy nilly is still very much a part of youth culture in a lot of areas. That's what it was.
As i understand this, please do not assume that youth ignorance is a free pass for obvious hate. This is how generations perpetuate racism/sexism/hate . This is another reason I would pointto the posts above as this being a very important lesson for youth. Call out culture, and all out dissent among younger generations calling for equality.

That symbol is pure hate. And even considering the fact we all make terrible life choices when we're young.. do you have a swastika? Does Matt? Does even 2% of our members? Probably not, because as fucking idiotic as we all were.. we still all knew what that symbol meant and we weren't about it. I just have a hard time believing it's anything other than exactly what it looks like
I cant stress this enough. We CANNOT give second chances in this regard unless the person themselves can come to the table with ONE HELL of a counterarguement.

There are, at this moment, people who have removed themselves from the fascist state and have been truly reformed. Unfortunately, that's more rare than, I dunno, the government ever providing houseless citizens rights of any kind.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
And to learn he got that shit tattooed in 2018? For real? Is that for sure accurate? If so, seriously GTFO with any of that "he ain't that way he's grown out of it, it's all being taken out of context" bullshit. Has the ink even had time to fade? That guy can literally go fuck himself. And this ridiculous bit about how you're angry we're all being fooled by a 17 year old? You can't even provide any sort of proof that context was deleted. You also can't even paraphrase fucking any sort of context that would make it less atrocious of a statement. I mean really, why don't you try. We'll give you artistic freedom, make up any words you want to go before and after that statement that justify what he said. Do it, get creative go for it. I think you're more angry that you're having such a hard time fooling us, it isn't the 17 year old. You're basically attacking the whistleblower, killing the messenger. It's got fuck all nothing to do with the person who presented the screen shots and their age is irrelevant. He's not getting a time out, he's banned. Swallow it, move on.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Also, @Coywolf @SlankyLanky it really bums me out to see you guys this way towards one another. I like both of you so much, have you ever had two friends who didn't like each other? It's fucking awful.

You know there was a time where I didn't like Coywolf? He and I would have these same disagreements. And then one day I started watching his videos, and sometimes that's what it takes. Not necessarily watching someone's videos but getting to know them outside of a text based format.

Text can be a motherfucker. We tend to read it with a preconceived tone, and take it the wrong way often. That's more or less the conclusion I came to after watching a few videos. I understood who he was a little better. I found things in him that we had in common. And I even took it to the next level and drove 140 miles round-trip just to meet him in person, take him out to lunch and whatnot.

We talked about this, how we used to beef. But it felt so much better once we put that shit behind us. I know it's hard, but maybe you guys could just try to coexist at the very least. You're both hella cool and you can't even see it in each other. Shake hands, hug this shit out, swallow a little pride, however that's done in this type of setting I wish you'd both try to get there.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Also, @Coywolf @SlankyLanky it really bums me out to see you guys this way towards one another...........Shake hands, hug this shit out, swallow a little pride, however that's done in this type of setting I wish you'd both try to get there.
Nah. I wanna see @Coywolf and @SlankyLanky take out their aggresions in a kiddie pool filled with jello. /s Wrasslin tournament at the next Jambo perhaps???????

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
Me and @Coywolf not agreeing isn't a concern of mine, like I said cool we disagree. Big deal. From time to time people disagree with me, oh well. I'd like to think neither of us is losing sleep over it.

What is a concern to me is the 3+ pages in what straight up to me was a very clear cut and dry ban. Dudes a bigot, we got rid of him, move on. The pitter patter back and forth and making excuses for this kind of shit is down right embarrassing.

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
@Eng JR Lupo ya man, thanks for being the voice of reason. I really hate going back and forth negatively with people. @SlankyLanky and me do not agree sometimes, that's just how it goes. I dont mean to come off as hating someone for disagreeing, I am also quite fine with it, but I have this horrible tendancy to argue aggressively when I think I'm right. Should probably work on that.

I think I know @SlankyLanky doesnt hate me or anything, and hopefully they know I dont hate them either. I dont think we have ever met, actually? Have we? Lol.

But ya, I agree. Dude banned is definitely a person most of this community agrees should not have personal access to people on here, with a more than likely future of spreading hate and fucked up views, let alone actually abusing someone IRL.

D

Deleted member 14481

I deleted myself
If StP was as gay as he thought it was, he would have left on his own. I say it was a good idea to ban this kid, and I don't see what all this back and forth is about - but I'm starting to think Den of the Banned was a mistake. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one and they're all full of shit. We don't need "opinions" on nazis and anti-LGBTQ people. Why know what the problem is, and action i all that is needed.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Den of the banned is actually a great idea. Transparency is good, people should know what happened. Especially when one of their friends gets banned. The problem is people start thinking it's a free pass to challenge the decision staff has made. It's really not up for debate. We don't just ban people for no reason. So idk, maybe the solution would be to lock the thread if it starts getting stupid like this one has.

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
If StP was as gay as he thought it was, he would have left on his own. I say it was a good idea to ban this kid, and I don't see what all this back and forth is about - but I'm starting to think Den of the Banned was a mistake. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one and they're all full of shit. We don't need "opinions" on nazis and anti-LGBTQ people. Why know what the problem is, and action i all that is needed.
On the contrary, I think this section is a very useful tool to see why people object to bans. Sometimes it is a way to have users out others who may be dangerous, sometimes it may serve as a democratic tool to allow the community to voice their disapproval of certain bans for various reasons.

Ultimately, I believe this sub forum is wonderful. Not to bash staff for banning people, but to allow for the continuous ability for users to voice their opinions toward bans. Of course it will be a shit show in some cases, but the pros outweigh the cons IMO.

and, what I have found to be the case, the real assholes end up coming into this discussion, and allows the process to regulate itself.

(I.e. assholes show their true selves, and get banned)

Last edited:

WyldLyfe

Banned
The symbol, swastika is far more ancient then people know, and has been used in many cultures. Dark occultists take these once sacred symbols and invert them to mean something else, same with ancient teachings.. know the real, KNOW THE FUCKING REAL!!

starsconstellationcosmosswastikaspiritualpunxswazi-jpg.53792

swastika-jpg.53793

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
The symbol, swastika is far more ancient then people know, and has been used in many cultures. Dark occultists take these once sacred symbols and invert them to mean something else, same with ancient teachings.. know the real, KNOW THE FUCKING REAL!!

View attachment 53792

View attachment 53793
Um. The real. THE FUCKING REAL is this dude has a hate symbol tattoo, not a occult symbol, or a native american symbol, or any if the other half dozen other meanings a swastika has had over the years. It's a nazi symbol.

blank

Banned
Nah it's a constellation and 14/88 are his lucky numbers.

Like seriously, everyone who's taken 5th grade history knows the Nazis adopted the swastika from other cultures. Doesn't change the fact that in modern Western culture it represents aligence to the ideals of the third reich. Yes, a lot of dumbass bikers got it tatted on them back in the day for shock value, but this ain't the 70s anymore, and even then it was still fucked.

Django

Wanderer
So this place got as far as excluding a member over a private message in a different server?
Wow
You all deserve the shit that the federal government is throwing at you cause you're just like them.
Bunch of big brothers obsessed with your idiology.

Jesus.
*Commenting on first page.

Django

Wanderer
@blank are you LGBT? If you were, how would you feel about someone throwing around slurs like faggot? Would you still want them as a friend and let them stay in your house? Nah. Fuck that guy and fuck any apologists that tolerate that shit
Not LGBT, but Jewish. What does it have to do with anything?
Would I hang out with this guy in real life? Hell no, he's a fuckin loser.
Should he get banned from an online forum for something he wrote in private outside of that forum, which was by the way got Tottaly out of context? Hell No as well.

The full messege is so much more chill than just the partial qoute.

To be honest, all of you libtards with your extreme views on what can or can't be said are annoying as fuck tambien. The guy was fucking cringing in a private Message!!_$#''&-
He's not the brightest, he's a fuckin 19 yrold loser that likes to get drunk, probably a future tweaker. But who cares? Why the fuck would you ban him from the fuckin internet?!! How does he put at risk any of the users here??
Did someone get offended of me calling him a libtard? I'm sure the answer is no. Max you'll ignore me next time, and that's how this kid should've been treated. But ban?!?

He wasn't even writing this on public, he understood the limits! It was a private fucking messege you guys!

Django

Wanderer
Oh and dear white people, how about know your (sorry, OUR) history?
Being stupid and get a Nazi tattoo does not make you a Nazi. Best case you can become a neo Nazis nowadays, and to get that honnor I'd think one should act, and not just type shit on the internet.
If everyone's a Nazi, no one's a Nazi.
Nazis gassed to death over a million kids in Auschwitz. Murdered a total of 6 million Jews, including both of my grandparents's siblings.
That boy was.. what exactly? Used the term faggot? Shit skins? Oh no, it's Hitler 2.0!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.