Banned wavesatdeer banned for being a drunken idiot then blaming the staff for it (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 26446
  • Start date

Pokebert

Spiritual Nomad
Website
reddit.com
Yeah this is true, there has been some odd cases of people being muted/banned because they are typing words while something iffy has been going on, even if they weren't really doing much of anything.

I think mostly Bert just needs some help moderating the Discord. It's perfectly fine almost all of the time but those rare exceptions there's usually nobody around to do anything about it, or it's just Bert and they just seem kinda overwhelmed by 15 different people having 5 conversations and needing to find the 2 people who are being weird. I mean the right person was banned in addition to the mutes so there's no huge tragedy here. Just not something they can handle alone all the time.
Aside from the instance with Sharty Time, most mutes/ban/kicks have a reasoning behind them. Moderators aren't perfect, but we do our best!
I do honestly struggle to moderate the Discord by myself and you are pretty spot on with what you said, but I do have to echo what @SlankyLanky said. I would be more active there, but a perfect storm of a bunch of different life circumstances has been kicking my ass. I am simultaneously juggling a shitty job at Starbucks, ADHD and fatigue/pain from my disability, moderation of different Discord servers, many personal realizations and trips on LSD to grow as a person, cutting unhealthy habits out of my life, a lot of drama in different friend groups... the list goes on, to be honest, heh. I do care about Squat the Planet and its Discord server a lot, I am just having to go 100MPH at all times to keep barely caught up with my life and responsibilities. Thankfully, I am starting a new job soon which will give me the ability to live much more comfortably (read: not dirt poor) and work many less hours, so eventually I will be able to be more active in the server, but as a chatter and as a mod keeping an eye out.
Sorry for the wall of text, I just felt like sharing that, I am only human and I am doing my best. And as a new forum mod as well, I look forward to helping StP out!

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
The OP of this thread is so damn entitled i really just don't know where to begin. Well, first off @WavesAtDeer is banned. Banned for acting like a drunken idiot, then coming in here and complaining how we're not doing a good enough job keeping his pickled brain happy.

i'm not even going to acknowledge any of the other 'points' he made, as they are all either invalid, untrue, or just stupid. I'm moving this thread to the den of the banned.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com

Mr Morgan

This should be 1 great example of when you get wasted stay off your laptop/phone let alone stp, I agree with coywolf on his post and opinion, the staff do some outstanding work

quad8

Nowhere bound...
I don't ever use Discord or even IRC nor that I am often familiar with it, but I do know more about common sense. If you're muted or suspended, there is a reason for that. And if you're too drunk and lazy to figure out why you were dragged into that point then you certainly won't last long and those who were offended will take you seriously. @Matt Derrick you're our hero!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.