Worst State to Hitch Through? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 9332

I deleted myself
What about NY? Cause I'm a woman and you know how that can go, trying to avoid things happening.
No, I'm sorry, as an lgbtq+ trans woman who has traveled around most of the north east new york is one of the safest and least sketchy places to hitch hike possible! There are going to be crazy fucked up people everywhere and im sorry if you've had to deal with that but new york is BEYOND easy to hitch through, at least if you lnow what you're doing.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Di Cruz31

No, I'm sorry, as an lgbtq+ trans woman who has traveled around most of the north east new york is one of the safest and least sketchy places to hitch hike possible! There are going to be crazy fucked up people everywhere and im sorry if you've had to deal with that but new york is BEYOND easy to hitch through, at least if you lnow what you're doing.
I haven't done it yet but people keep telling me not to. I just wanted to get opinions on it first before I did. Thank you for your input :)

Rackbone

Lurker
West Texas: Awesome!
East Texas: Fuck this im going home.

Honestly, Illinois was BAD. the towns suck, chicagoland is a god damn jungle, and you might get dropped off in Gary.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Wyoming. It is one of the only states that have tried to outright ban hitchhiking.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
^Or to be attacked by a grizzly bear. Ya It is legal, but the vote for the measure was really, really close. They tried to ban all forms of ride solicitation.

rooster831

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
i've seen a lot of people say nebraska

i agree, in my experience i had more people pull over acting like they would give a ride and when u'd get excited and run to the car they'd dip out and i even saw someone laugh as they did it

fuck nebraska

wrkrsunite

Vagabond
All of them, I don't give a fuck less where it is hitch hiking always blows. Especially the god damn Christians trying to save your eternal soul I a 12 mile ride.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
mormonz do suck. i bet they like donald trump. i heard one blasting the sean hannity show in his pickup ::fuckinginbed::

I see allot a crap about Iowa, Im heading through there in July - any advoce on best rought?
I had such a weird experience in Iowa! Getting to Iowa city from MS was super easy! Like... rides in 15 mins. Iowa city to Des Moines really sucked but I lucked out. And then I took the rails out of Des Moines so idk about that

LTD 85

Lurker
Florida, and West Texas by far, I don't care how cool you are Texas hates you, and FL everyone thinks their shit doesn't stink and the whole state is owned by Yuppie Snow birds from MI, that hate street-cats because they have to put up with Detroit, Save yourself time and heartache and stay out of these spots unless you have a hotshot through. Bama and midwest get a bad-rap, just don't where skinny jeans through those spots and you won't get harassed. Long as you don't get off the main roads in the south east and mid-west. You shouldn't have to many problems
yes, i had serious issues in the panhandle with police, and i did have issues in Texas over the yrs but Orange Texas police are no fcking joke, they hate...

LTD 85

Lurker
I've heard a lot of bad shit about hitching in Indiana, although never have myself. Nothin' but rednecks and thugs here as well. I actually just saw a traveler about 2 weeks ago getting harassed by the pigs, I think he was by himself too, and that asshole still called for back-up. It was definitely a bad spot though.. right by a state police post and shit. I didn't stick around to see what happened, but I wish I could have got there before the cops did, I would've at least taken him to a better exit.
My experience: i local hitchhiked indiana with very little gear and some issues with cops, the people were nice, i never waited long on more than 30 trips, (i like visiting parks). im older and clean cut so mayb that helped. The cops have tried to intimidate me, i simply stand in grass and not on shoulder and they have not arrested me yet..happy travels