Your favorite non-essential/luxury piece of gear? (1 Viewer)

Dmac

Nomad
My tiny RCA battery powered tv. Yeah I know but I love some tv at night. The speaker sucks buts it’s good with an ear bud. Uses 4 AA or power cable.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

superphoenix

Wanderer
Battery Pack, and a pillow.

You guys just use rolled up shirts? Mama mia, that sounds like bad sleep

Eh, my head can be on anything marginally comfortable and slightly elevated as long as the rest of my body is in a good position. Pillows take up so much damn space.

MatatuPuncher

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
I'm my teen's and early 20's I could sleep well anywhere. Head on a dirty t-shirt? Laying on a thin piece of cardboard? Army poncho liner for a blanket? Slept like a baby. I"m turning into more of a princess as I get older. A proper inflatable pillow and sleeping pad is the norm now.

Loudlocusts

I'm my teen's and early 20's I could sleep well anywhere. Head on a dirty t-shirt? Laying on a thin piece of cardboard? Army poncho liner for a blanket? Slept like a baby. I"m turning into more of a princess as I get older. A proper inflatable pillow and sleeping pad is the norm now.

To be honest, that's probably why I need a pillow. I used to have some awful sleep patterns, and now I'm paying for it. I feel awful whenever my sleep is with a shirt or things like that, because I never really slept well as a teen.

watson

Pilgrim
TONELIFE Portable Bidet for Toilet - Handheld Bidet Sprayer -450ml 15oz Travel Bidet - Childbirth Postpartum Bottle - with Storage Bag, Soft Material TONELIFE Portable Bidet for Toilet - Handheld Bidet Sprayer -450ml 15oz Travel Bidet - Childbirth Postpartum Bottle - with Storage Bag, Soft Material - - Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078TXWMFT/

you can also get ones that are little nozzles you put in a water bottle, which would probably be better for travel without a vehicle.

this seems awesome but where would you be getting that much water to waste on not drinking from? looks cool though if your homebummin in a town for awhile.

Hobo richard

Rambler
Me who is such a tyrant about the weight of my ruck, yet i carry a small (50mm) crystal ball. Not sure why... weighs about half a pound.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.